Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the www.studentserviceawards.org website (“Website”) or applying for the Student Serving Washington Awards (“SSWA”, “Awards”) operated by Washington Campus Compact (“us”, “we”, “WACC” or “our”). These Terms and Conditions apply in full force and effect your use of this Website and participation in the SSWA. By using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein.
- By using the Website, you acknowledge you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Outstanding Service Award Selection Criteria and Social Entrepreneur Award Selection Criteria (“criteria”).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to submit an application for consideration for the Awards.
- To qualify, students must submit an application for an award using the Website and must be in good standing and currently enrolled at least half time at a WACC member institution.
- By submitting an application or using the Website, students guarantee that the content they submit is their own and have provided adequate citations for ideas and works produced by others in accordance with their institutions plagiarism policies.
- Outstanding Service Award winner(s) will win $7,500 (seven thousand five hundred dollars) to be distributed in three equal amounts between the winning student applicant(s), the student’s higher education institution, and the community partner identified within the student application. Distribution of monies is at the discretion of WACC, and contingent upon agreement between WACC, student applicants, the student’s higher education institution, and community partner.
- Social Entrepreneur Award winner(s) will receive a $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) seed grant, which will be dispersed to the student’s institution for implementation of the proposed social entrepreneur solution. Distribution of seed grant monies will be contingent upon including, but not limited to: signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between WACC and the winner’s institution, agreement to provide WACC with regular reports on progress, and ongoing accounting of grant funds use and distribution.
- Presidents’ Award will be given to students who have submitted an application to the Awards using the Website and who have been selected by the president’s office of their institution.
- All award amounts are contingent upon funding, and may be reduced or eliminated at any time.
- Distribution of award monies will be contingent upon funding and at the discretion of WACC.
- Students participating in the Awards must attend the SSWA ceremony and be present to win.
- In any disputes or controversies involving the Awards or criteria, the decision of WACC staff shall be final.
- Use of the website or participation in the Awards does not constitute a guarantee, expressly or implied, of consideration for the Awards, grants, or scholarships.
- By submitting an application or using the Website you: agree that all content published or submitted by you is true and correct; have transferrable license and ownership of the content; are not infringing upon any third party’s rights; agree to relinquish this ownership to WACC.
- By using the Website and/or participating in SSWA, you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, reproduce, adapt, change, publish, translate, and distribute any audio, video, text, images, or other materials that you submit or publish on the Website, or in connection with SSWA, in any and all media.
- By using the Website and/or participating in SSWA, you grant us permission to share your name, institution, contact information, audio, video, text, images, other materials, and application materials with third-party partners.
- Your personal information may be added to WACC and SSWA databases for the purpose of marketing.
- WACC reserves the right to remove, alter, or edit any content from its Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
- We will not sell your information to a third-party vendor.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from our email distribution lists, you may do so at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the email received.
- We will not contact you with offers or promotions for goods and services not related to Washington Campus Compact, Students Serving Washington Awards, higher education, or other relevant information deemed relevant by WACC.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following without express written consent of WACC:
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- Using the Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to the Website;
- Using the Website in any way that impacts user access to the Website;
- Using the Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or another similar activity in relation to the Website, or while using the Website; and
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
WACC and SSWA’s name and any other names of WACC and SSWA or its websites, publications, products, content or services referenced on this Website are the exclusive trademarks or service marks of WACC, including without limitation the “look and feel” of this Website and the color combinations, layout and other graphical elements of this Website. You may not use WACC or SSWA trademarks in any manner without the express, written permission of WACC. Other product and company names that appear on this Website may be subject to trademark or other rights of other parties.
The Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and WACC makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to the Website or the materials contained on the Website. Additionally, nothing contained on the Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall WACC, nor any of its officers, directors, and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website or participation in SSWA, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and WACC, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website or participation in SSWA.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent WACC, its membership, and employees from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Changes to these Terms
WACC is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit. By using the Website and participating in the Awards you are expected to review such Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website and SSWA.
WACC shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms, including any legal notices, disclaimers, advisements or criteria contained on the Website, constitute the entire agreement between WACC and you in relation to your use of the Website and participation in SSWA, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Washington State for the resolution of any disputes.